Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mary Moore Lowenfield's birthday window display

I thought you might want to see the beautiful birthday window that Mary Moore created for the gallery and darling store that carries her artwork in Glasgow Scotland.
 Here she is standing in front of Boxwood's window she created. (the high was 50 today that calls for a coat!!)
 The 5 foot tall pig
 My favorite is her 3 foot tall paper mache mouse that wears red Wellington boots!
 She created this lovely 2 tiered birthday cake !
 The pig with fellow party revelers!!






 Here she is working on the window. Wish I could have been there!
Here is the mouse before she got to the store.
The lovely owner of Boxwood Jill had some lovely things to say about Mary Moore:

A couple of months ago we wrote a wee thing about Boxwood now being 10 years old & got a lovely response from customers & our facebookers. Then I got a call from an artist I have worked with over the past year. She had seen my note & asked if she could design & make a birthday window for us...sure thing!

Not only is Mary Moore a talented artist but also an incredibly nice person to know, so I was chuffed to bits with the offer. Based loosely round an animals birthday tea party; the building & sewing started! And now voila, we now have a 5ft pig & a 3ft mouse in our window all enjoying birthday cake with a bunch of their friends!

I am so touched that Mary Moore asked if she could do this for us, I really hope we can help generate some business her way in return. We will soon be stocking her little animal decorations & we already have her cards & prints available.
So Happy Birthday us & a big thanks to Mary Moore!

Best to come down & see it for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet
a book on kindness

My Etsy

S is for Shepherd

S is for Shepherd
ABC book with scripture is in its second printing

Pages

my online shops