Monday, November 16, 2009

Traveling in Scotland


Mary Moore (my middle daughter) ia studying at the Glasgow School of Art in Scotland and so I came to visit for 10 days. Though it is rainy and cold, it is wonderful. This weekend we couldn't decide where to go so we randomly took a train to the Firth of Forth. That is actually a body of water in Eastern Scotland. We went to Fife and more exactly a place in Fife called Aberdour(a village). I think I love to say all those Scottish words! I had asked Mary Moore over and over if she had seen any kilts walking around and her answer was always no until I came this weekend. They were everywhere and all on men! I LOVED it!!! I was a little shy to take their pics so at least you can see the tartan curtains in the Inn were we ate lunch.
We decided to have dinner on the way back in Edinburgh and that was so much fun. We found a flyer at the cozy pub where we had dinner that advertised a play. So we went to the play. And it was fabulous "The Story of a Rabbit" by Hugh Hughes.
Edinburgh was magical at night.
Aberdour was magical by day.
Perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet
a book on kindness

My Etsy

S is for Shepherd

S is for Shepherd
ABC book with scripture is in its second printing

Pages

my online shops