Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby Robins at Last!!

Okay so I know I am obsessed with the robins, but for someone who has avoided birds her whole life it's kind of like a child like discovery so please bear with me!! haha

This week we got back from Scotland and the minute we pulled into the driveway I jumped out to see if the robins had been hatched. And sure enough there was one baby with it's mouth wide open and no parents around. My camera had a dead battery from the trip so I didn't capture the moment that day. The next day it rained really hard and I went to check and the mama bird was sitting on top of her babies and took the rain for them.

Then yesterday I finally got the pictures I had been wanting to show you. There were not one but TWO babies!!! So here they are.


 See the little head peaking up?



 Two days ago they had a lot more fluffy stuff on them. 
I think they are about 9 days old.

And then this morning the mama bird is back watching guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet
a book on kindness

My Etsy

S is for Shepherd

S is for Shepherd
ABC book with scripture is in its second printing

Pages

my online shops