Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tiles

I am immersed in tiles right now. I am working on a tile fireplace that will be revealed next week, but in the meantime here are some house number tiles.

These live outside my house.
These are in the mail to a house in Dallas.
They are painted brown terra cotta tiles then covered with 3 coats of white glaze, then painted on top of the glaze with the design you see and then put in the kiln and fired at a million degrees for lots of hours. The process of painting on top of glaze is called Majolica. It does not allow for mistakes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet

Be Kind Be Sweet Be Nice to Everyone You Meet
a book on kindness

My Etsy

S is for Shepherd

S is for Shepherd
ABC book with scripture is in its second printing

Pages

my online shops